Thursday, March 27, 2008

Let It Snow

I must admit that I have been longing for warmer days as of late, but I can't help but feel a rise of satisfaction when I see snow falling at the end of March. It's March 27, and while the snow in Montesano is not a vast amount, there is more in the towns surrounding us.

I've been thinking about summer for a couple weeks now, tired of running from my car into the grocery store at lightening speed (well my lightening speed) because it is so unbearably cold for me, I'm afraid I will turn into a snow cone. My thoughts of becoming a popsicle were right because a day later, last Friday, it snowed like crazy at our house at the lake. I'm not crazy.

As I write the snow is coming down pretty hard, and while I hate driving in it, I love the peaceful quiet that comes with snowfall. I guess snow reminds me of Christmas, a time of year that I love so much, eventhough it never snows on Christmas here. Spring and Summer will be coming soon enough, so why don't we just enjoy the beauty that God has blessed us with?

Be safe in the snow! God Bless!

Alyssa

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin