Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Exciting News!

With one small phone call yesterday, I found that no in fact Josh and I will not be living in a refrigerator box while he attends school. This is a plus considering how difficult it would be to hook up any sort of internet connection in that small amount of space. And also, where would I plug my hairdryer in? Well, forget that thought, I have a plug in for that in my car, but what is the most important, where would my internet connection go?! I have to have my priorities straight people.

It was such a relief yesterday though, when we did find out that we would have somewhere to go when we got to Boise, I wasn't looking forward to potentially living in an extended stay hotel. $50 a night for students attending NLC was not looking like an exciting adventure for me, or a cheap one either. Like most couples starting out, we aren't rich. We have other things to worry about, like gas prices. Can you believe how high they are? I think I might have to start riding a bike. We might even hitch a trailer to the back of a bike, and huff it all the way to Boise just to save gas.

I'm so excited that we'll have our first place, though. It's no one else's. There is no other stuff in it. No one's clothes hanging in the closet, no more feeling blind when I search through a cupboard for something that I think should be in plain sight and it's not. Isn't it weird how differently we do things, I always think everyone should do things my way. Who doesn't? but when people don't have their stuff in a place I think it should be, I get all stressed out. Maybe I'm too controlling? That could be it. Or it could be a product of not having the freedom of our own space. Anyway, we are really excited to get started with our new adventure !

Hope you have a wonderful wednesday!

God Bless!

Alyssa

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin