Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Real Irish Dinner

Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day, as everyone knows, well, I think everyone knows. While I don't understand why St. Patrick got a holiday, and why we have to wear green, I follow the masses and go out of my way to find something green in my closet. I looked in my closet, and what did I find? Not green. I found alot of dark blue, white and black, but again, no green. I have one green shirt, it was dirty, and too late to wash it the night before, so I was going to go sans green until I remembered that big rock of a Green Yag ring my mom got me for christmas one year. I love this ring, and it's the perfect color. Think emerald green! Beautiful, and it's huge, well maybe not huge, but large on my little finger. Actually, it needs to be fitted, but that's a whole other story.

So I found my green, although small, I refused to get pinched by any of the kids at daycare. Whats the reason for pinching anyway? I hated being pointed out as a child when I wasn't wearing green on St. Patrick's Day. Then being pinched was twice the torture. I thought that kind of stuff was supposed to be fun as a child. It didn't end up being that way, though.

Onward. Josh, my mom, my in-laws (kim and harvey) and I went to dinner last night at our pastors house. Kim and Harvey had bought this dinner at an Auction a few weeks back. Dinner was $300 dollars! The money went to churches in Uganda, so it was for a good cause. We had corned beef, which I have never had before, and loved, I wanted more, but I couldn't fit it in my stomach, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots, a great salad and bread. Such a beautiful meal. To top it off we shared some wonderful laughs, some interesting chatter, and made a great memory. By far the best St. Patrick's Day I have ever had. I loved it. It is so nice to be an adult. I know Josh and I are still young, but it is so nice to be around people who like to sit around together and talk about memories, and life in general. It was such a wonderful experience. Don't you just love life? I do!

Have a blessed Tuesday!

Alyssa

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin