Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Apartment Woes

I feel like all I have been doing the past few weeks is complaining on here, does it feel like that to you? I'm looking at paper work for apartments, papers that I have looked at before, but now that I look at them, they are more depressing to me than they were before. April 18th will come fast. It will definitely be cheaper to live in a cardboard box, but that's not really condusive to healthy living when you have a family, is it?

We have the price of rent, which is expensive, but then an additional tack on price of various deposits, and application fees are at least $510 dollars. All of that doesn't include the electricity for the apartment, or parking in a carport. The carport is there, with our number on it, do we really have to pay for it? It's just sitting there empty if we don't. I will have to uncover the answer for this one.

Then we have to live! I.E. groceries, car payments, insurance. We'll never survive. I'm feeling sick to my stomach. I wonder if they could throw in groceries just for us! That would be nice. :) We have to survive 15 weeks. Hopefully Josh can be looking for a job while he's going to school. I was planning on working on my photography while I was there, but I might be getting a job, which was always a possiblity. And then helping josh with studying. Goodbye sweet world of art and photography, hello world of costumer service, and books on electricity.

Josh is ever the optimist, whether he believes what he's saying or not. On that, I don't know. "We'll be fine, don't worry." I don't think I'm a pessimist, I'm just trying to be realistic about things, so it's not a shock to me if we aren't fine, you know what I mean? I'm trying to calm down, and give it to God, but I like to be in control of that stuff, or at least know we are definitely going to be okay.

Wandering nomads. That is us in a nutshell.

I hear people all the time say that being an adult is hard. I would prefer to be an adult scrambling to make money than be in high school. I wasn't a fan of high school. I guess I wasn't free enough, or something. I just have to realize that everyone goes through this stage when starting out. There are ways to make it, I'm just going to be scared and nervous while getting through it.

Upside! I have the most wonderful husband in the world, whom I believe in whole heartedly, and who believes in me just as much. So, I guess the moral of this story is, Hold tight to the people you love, in the end, those are the ones who can get you through anything.


I found a quote I like, one that is a little more on adversity, than just hard times. It's a quote that gives hope, though, to not just the big obstacles we face in life, but the small as well.

"There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up, and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity. " Washington Irving

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin