Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Christmas Decor

It seems like a century ago that I posted last (I tend to exaggerate). Last week was an extremely busy week, and this week is the same story. I'm going to TRY to take today off, being as it's my anniversary, but I'm sure I will be sneaking in some editing time tonight or later this afternoon when we get home from picking up our new puppy! I have two beautiful ladies to edit from my Boudoir Session on Saturday, and a house to prepare for company. This is our (Josh an me) year hosting Thanksgiving. Josh is going all out with the turkey, making a brine of Allspice Berries, Peppercorns, Brown sugar, and Crystallized Ginger. I ran around the grocery store yesterday trying to hunt all of that down while trying to weave in and out of the mess of people that's exponentially growing by the hour, as we get closer to the Holiday. I was successful though! And found everything I needed.
While I was hunting the wine section, I came across the classiest of wines, Lambrusco, and just had to buy a bottle. Lambrusco accompanies some very good memories of the time we spent together in Europe. We couldn't afford anything else, and it was so easily accessible in Germany. It might not be great, but it's very nostalgic, so I bought a bottle for $5 and I will enjoy that bottle of wine probably more than any other!
I haven't written a Thanksgiving post, so I feel a little bad skipping the Holiday and going straight to Christmas. I tend to do that because I love Christmas so much. I start watching Christmas movies around June. Do I prepare and buy gifts too? No. That would be too organized. I've been dreaming about the Christmas decoration theme I'm going to go with. I've always wanted a color theme. I remember my mom always saying that we just have a mish mash of different decorations, and nothing really goes together. She's right, but it holds memories. We still put up the same holiday plate and figurine set. The paper wreaths made from our hands. And Josh and I have taken some of our ornaments from when we were kids and combined them into our own mish mash of things.

This year I'm hoping to add a color scheme. I'm thinking blue and silver. Next year I hope to do a different color, then I can just rotate them as I see fit.

I love how bright and airy this room is. Silver, white and cream are perfect for this room.

Not silver, but of course this use of cranberry red caught my eye. I love red.

Photos via Country Living, and Garrendenny Lane Interiors

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin