Monday, November 9, 2009

Clothbound Beauties

I love books. There are only a few things I love more than books.When I was a kid, I would get more excited running through the aisles of books at Barnes and Noble, than I ever did at Toys R Us. By the way, the way Toys R Us is spelled has always bothered me, even as a child I knew it was promoting illiteracy in children across America. Anyway, now that we have that little fun fact, I can go on with my post about books. It's one of my new goals, to read and purchase classics. I am a book buyer. I don't remember the last time I went to the library, sad I know, but I just can't bring myself to return a book after it has been read, so I buy books. And no, it's not a waste of money because I usually read them more than once. Books are comforting to me. Once I'm finished reading a book, I'm so excited, but there is that little bit of sadness that takes awhile to go away until I find another book that I can't wait to immerse myself in. I'm reading a set of books right now, but I'm already dreading the day that I finish the last book. I'm still sulking over finishing The Time Traveler's Wife, and that was like 7 books ago.

But like I said, I'm making it a point to have some of the classics, and while I was on Anthropologie looking for a pair of boots to swoon over I came across these stunning cloth bound books of 6 classics. I've read all or part of five of them. I have 2 copies of Sense and Sensibility and my favorite book of all time Pride and Prejudice. I purchased the Jane Austen Complete Novels Penguin Classic Deluxe Addition when I was a Sophomore in college. I decided that instead of choosing eight poems to dissect, I would choose eight Jane Austen novels. So I blew through eight Jane Austen Novels, not stopping to really enjoy any of them except for Sense and Sensibility and Pride and Prejudice, which I had previously read anyway. I'm planning on rereading the other six books. So while I already have both of the Jane Austen novels that are available cloth bound, I want another copy, which would bring my total to three of the same book. And like I've said, I just can't bring myself to get rid of the other copies.

The cloth bound books available at Anthropologie are: The Picture of Dorian Gray (one of my favorites as a child), Sense and Sensibility, Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, and Great Expectations.

Great Expectations is at the top of my list because it's the only one that I haven't cracked open, and then maybe Dorian Gray because it's the only other one I don't own.

They are so beautiful! Go take a look!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin