Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Reason 435 For Wanting A Daughter

I've been dreaming about having children from the time I received my first doll. I'm pretty sure that was the bald cabbage patch one that I called Sissy Marie, and the bigger blond yarn haired cabbage patch doll I named Charlie (short for Charlotte). I carried my dolls everywhere. And of course I had 500 of them. The water baby, a dreamland baby, and American Girl doll, a Crissy Doll that was my mom's, a PJSparkles, A Gerber baby doll. Seriously, the list NEVER ends...The only list that was longer was the list of barbies that all looked the same. Finally Barbie figured it out and started offering up just outfits, so I could accessorize with Fifth Ave. clothing without ditching Barbie number 3,254 for a new outfit and a new pair of shoes. Oh how little things change...I loved my dolls, until they creeped me out with their lifeless eyes, and I put them in a drawer never to be looked at again.
Like I said, I've been dreaming about having children forever, and I've been dreaming about having a daughter for just as long. There are a million reasons I want a daughter. I want a couple daughters actually. I always wanted a sister, one that I could scream at, argue about stealing each others clothes, but really having that deep connection with someone that had shared my life, but had a completely different story to tell.

We all know by now that I have an addiction to clothes and shoes. That was apparent when I bought an amazing pair of shoes by Calvin Klein the other day before heading out for a birthday party. They are divine... We just won't tell my husband how much they really cost. I told him the were $40 off. That's all he needs to know;)

I've never taken the time to check out Crew Cuts over at the J.Crew website, because I know that I will fall madly in love, and I just don't know if I can bear to swoon over children's clothes any more than I already do. I had a weak moment, and took a peek and almost died at the preciousness and I'm pretty sure that's not even a word. So I grabbed a couple outfits that I thought were cute. And some that I would want. I hope my daughter likes skirts and dresses. I think the coat is my favorite. It's in a pewter gray color. AH!






I obviously have a soft spot for gray and pink... Ruffles, and rosettes. Can you tell? These outfits are so cute it hurts to think about a little girl with brown little curls and blue eyes. It's just too much!

Crew Cuts Clothing by J.Crew

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin