Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fabulous Modern Architecture

I never used to be a fan of modern architecture, but after months of perusing Apartment Therapy, I've come to love modern homes just as much as I love older homes. And I never thought I would read the Twilight books let alone post about the "Cullen House" on my blog. I am in fact in the process of reading the "Twilight Saga."I finished the third book this morning, and will start on the fourth one tonight. I do like them, as much as a twenty something year old can like a book about teen love. I've told Josh I would like it a whole lot more if it in fact didn't involve teenagers. I'm not a fan of teenagers, I didn't like teenagers when I was one. It's a nice love story, unrealistic as it is. It's a little obsessive for me, but hey, it's light reading. I have jumped on the Robert Pattinson bandwagon, he is kind of cute, not cute enough for me to plaster my walls with magazine tear outs, and stickers on the back of my car like I saw today in the Safeway parking lot, but cute in a disheveled sort of way... Not as much in the movie. I like my guys with a little more rugged look. He's way too pretty in the movie for my taste. I like a little stubble.
Anyway, what really took my breath away, about the movie the second time I saw it, was the Cullen House. I didn't really appreciate the house when the movie came out earlier in the year (or was it last year?) I don't remember. Anyway, the second time around, my heart skipped a beat for this not so little house out in the woods. It's stunning. The house is nothing like they describe in the book, but I think I like the movie version of the house better. And since Josh doesn't appreciate Modern like I do, my brother and I have decided to win the lottery, and we figure it's big enough for us to live in without bothering each other. Josh can have a separate house, no biggie.

So if you like Modern architecture this is a dream house! At least it is for me. Enjoy!

Thehe Hoke House is by Architect Jeff Kovel from Skylab Architecture


Photos found here

2 comments:

The Gardner Family said...

Love that house, I would move in in a heartbeat!!!!

Alyssa Lillegard said...

Yes! Me too! I would probably die if someone said, "Hey, live here!"

Blog Widget by LinkWithin