Monday, October 5, 2009

Pine State Biscuits

Last month Josh's parents drove down to spend the day with us, exploring. Josh has become a hermit since we got married, and refuses to go anywhere unless there is an agenda. He is not a roam around type person like I am. If there is not an hourly schedule, and a breakdown of what we are doing in those hours, then forget it. Because he has important things to do, like watch football, and play xbox. And those are important things, right? Right?

I got a comment from a friend's sister-in-law who has been keeping up with my blog. Finally proof that I'm not just talking to myself on here, and she asked where we had gone to breakfast, since I announced it on the blog that day. She asked me to give a recommendation, and such. And I thought, why not, I've never done a food recommendation before, I'll take a stab at it.

Pine State Biscuits was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. Josh and I watch regularly, and have it on DVR. We are an exciting couple, also on our DVR list is, Man Vs. Wild, Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations, and I regularly record Samantha Brown's Passport to Europe. We might not be getting out of the house to do yard work, but by God we know everything there is to know about how to make a sleeping bag out of a dead sheep, and where the best restaurants are in Europe. If anything, we have our priorities straight, we are enhancing our minds as we stare at the t.v. and drink our coffee on the weekends we just happen to be home. But that's a whole different story, back to the one I am posting about.

Pine State Biscuit is located on 3640 SE Belmont Street Portland, OR 97214. Hours are 7am-2pm, seven days a week.

So lets start with ambiance because to me, that is just as important as the food. If you are looking for a place to sit down, and serve you, this is definitely not the place for you. And because it is so popular people are lined up out the door, and down the street. I don't remember how long we waited outside, 45 minutes? or so before we got our food, maybe longer. This is not a sit down place, yes there are 2 or three tables, but it's so crowded its hard to enjoy your meal while you are inhaling your food because the people crowded around you are ready to jump on your seat as soon as you make a motion to get throw away your Styrofoam container and grab your purse. And BOY, did we get the stink eye when Josh's parents snagged us a seat for the four of us next to the window. The only person it bothered was me, apparently. I just don't like someone hovering over me during each bite.

Josh was not pleased about having to wait, once he is ready for breakfast, he is ready for breakfast, and you will know when he isn't happy. He complained and made comments, for 45 minutes while we waited in line. About everything... Literally everything. But that has more to do with Josh's attitude than the restaurant. Ever since living in Europe we are firm believers in meals being an event with good food, and good conversation.

And second, the food was great. Josh and I both ordered the Biscuits with Sausage gravy, and hash browns. Josh LOVES biscuits and gravy, but I'm slowly trying them out. These were definitely yummy, I THINK they had paprika in the ingredients. Added just a little extra.

So all in all, I would recommend Pine State Biscuits if you aren't worried about a wait, and taking some time to eat. The food was good, and it was so fun to check out a place that has been featured on television. So if you have a chance go check it out! You can check out the menu here.


Photo via [here]


Photo via [here]

Happy Eating!

1 comment:

The Gardner Family said...

WOW, that was way more than I asked for and I rather enjoyed every moment of that! Now I really want to go try it! Gonna have to be a really special occasion for us to get out w/o the little guy as I don't think he would do so well having to wait so long! Maybe I will order to-go?? Thanks much for that and I will look forward to more reviews as you see fit :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin