Thursday, June 26, 2008

Things I Adore

I've been spending some time looking at pretty things this morning, things that makes me smile and things that make me happy. While things aren't the only thing that make me hapy (that would be sad) I have to admit that I adore pretty and wonderful things. So, I thought why not post a little blog about the things I adore, and I'm hoping you will write down a few things too. I've only been getting comments from this wonderful girl named Nicole, and while I absolutely adore her and her comments, I want to hear more about you people... The few people that read this. So here goes. I use the word adore here instead of love be cause I love the word adore. Does that make sense? Here goes.

adore: 1. To love somebody deeply: to love someone intensely
2. To like something very much: to like someone or something very much.

*Magazines, paper, cards and stationary. I know that's way more than one, buare all paper products. This falls into a bit of an obssession area. If I could I would probably subscribe to almost every magazine out there. I love the way the pages feel, the smell, all the new excitement in new magazines, and I clip things out and keep things I like, and that inspire me. And I have another obsession with all things stationary and card related. I have to pick the perfect card with the perfect design whenever I get a card for someone.

*Large bath towels... That are soft... Back before Josh and I got married I went through stores picking out my favorite colors. I found these great dark teal Nate Berkus (Oprah's interior designer on the show) towels that were like half off. I adore them. Josh hates teal and turquoise, and pink.... and purple for that matter, but I think he is okay with these towels.

*Glorious bedding. We're too poor to buy some really fluffy gorgeous bedding, but I love gorgeous bedding. I love sheets too. For the wedding we got a couple of sets of 400 count sheets:) ahh..... I like bed frames too... different types.

*Flowers. Mostly roses. I want a huge rose garden. I also love orchids, peonies, lilacs, daisies, daffodils and poppies just to name a few. Oh, and Alyssums are pretty sweet too. ;)

*Cherries. It's cherry season, and we aren't home where I can get a huge bag and devour them within a half hour. I usually got a couple bags a week. I'd make myself sick from eating them, but I forget easily, and I can't get enough of them. We bought two small bags last weekend. And when I say small they were just a pound each, but they were much better from the farmers market than the grocery store. We also got organic bananas from Ecuador, and dried mango! (As I was eating my banana my brother told me that tarantula's sometimes grow in there. But the said he was lying) of course I almost died.

*paints and canvases. There is nothing like these two things. They hold so much promise and can create so much beauty. Not so much on my paintings, but on others. I love the look of paint on a canvas, it warms my heart.

*Iced tea. Josh calls me "the connoisseur of tea" wherever I go I have tea and the I analyze it. I don't like lemony iced tea, although I do occasionally like a lemon in it (not with the recent findings, though) I very rarely put in sugar, and my absolute favorite tea I've ever had is at BJ's Pizza in Lahaina, Maui. Next is Cheescake Factory. I like that little bit of minty fruit flavor. Sad, huh?

* Cameras, I don't think anything gets me as excited as I get when I see a beautiful old or new camera. They are beautiful. There is a Canon 40D down at Best Buy

*Movies: They are such an escape, I love everything about them. I want to be a movie critic, but I would like most everything, so I don't think that would work.

*Interior decorating. I love these types of magazines the best. I love paints and furniture decor I love it all. Maybe I should do that?


*Old books. I love falling apart, old smelling books. Classic books are my favorite. When we were in Rome we came across this book/ thrift store type thing. We spent forever in there looking at different things. We came out with a few things, a couple Roman holiday posters, some old albums and a book of Shakespere's plays all in Italian!

*My husband. Of all these things I adore him the most. We have our problems, but he is so good to me. The other day he went to take the garbage out and had picked a leaf for me because he couldn't find a flower. He felt bad it wasn't something more pretty,but the thought was wonderful. I love my leaf. I even took pictures to document it.

These are just a few things I love. I could proably go on forever and ever. What do you love? Send me some things! I'm begging here! I will leave you with a couple pictures. I keep a file on my laptop of "Things I Love" here's a peek at a few things that are tucked away:





The Hasselbad Camera




Two loves books and interior design (Domino Mag)

Iced Tea! Photo from kitchencontraptions.com

Tell me about some of the things you adore/love!

God Bless!

Alyssa

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin