Friday, June 6, 2008

Just a quick note for the morning

I'm really starting to think that this apartment we live in eats the things that I need. There is no way that it can be because, while I am an organized person, I'm a little scatter brained when it comes to remembering where I set things down. I lose my cell phone constantly. Josh says all the time that if my head wasn't attached, I would lose that too. I could get mad at that comment, but the fact is, that statement is totally true. Within the last week or so I have lost 4 things that I need/want.

Case #1: Something I lose all the time without fail, my lens cap. Apparently, I need a little strap attached to my camera to keep the lens near me. Do they have those? Or maybe I could just glue it to the bottom? But that would damage it, and there is no way I would knowingly damage my baby. Anyway, I spent days looking for it, figuring it dropped underneath the couch just like everything else. That wasn't the case, and I pondered and pondered for days. I was dusting on a whim the other day, needing to be productive, and I found it on the shelves above the t.v. I was so happy, I called my mom. I've been really stressed over it.

Case#2: my 25% off the total purchase at Michael's. I guess I can't set anything on the table because it disappeared from there. I looked for an hour. Tearing everything out of the envelope organizer on the counter, tearing through file boxes, and a stack of papers in the bedroom. NOTHING. Nothing, nothing makes me more mad than loosing something I want, and not being able to find it. I ranted for awhile, and then pouted. Apparently, I'm four, but I really, really wanted 25% off some canvases and paint! I still haven't found it, it probably got thrown away...

Case#3: A copy of our check for rent this month. I always get a copy, and guess where I put it the other day to keep track of it? On the table. I looked for an hour yesterday, going through everything, filing. Can't find it. I'm sure it's here, though. I think I remember sticking it in something, I just don't remember where.

Case#4: I can't find my pen. I started out with a set of 5. I'm a huge pen snob, and only like one type of pen. I found then while we were in Germany at the PX, they have them here, obviously, but I've never used them before. They are the liquid Uniball V7's. They are so smooth for writing. I'm a loser, I know. I collect pens, and office supplies. I loved going shopping for school supplies when I was in school. So, I lost all the others, but one, and I stuck it in the envelope drawer last night when we went to bed. I put it in there because I had lost it yesterday, and found it under the couch. I wonder how much time I spend looking for things? Anyway, I looked for about 10 minutes, nowhere to be found. So, I sat down to write this blog. I waited for Josh to get home to ask him. I asked him if I put the pen in the drawer, he said yes, but he borrowed it. I was so relieved, then he proceeded to tell me he lost it in my car!

Guess where we are going today? STAPLES yes! Two cases have been solved, two more to go. Am I the only one like this? Or are there others out there like me! I'd like to know!

Have a great day!

Alyssa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with the lens cap of my camera! I noticed the other day that it wasnt on the camera and I searched all over my photography drawer/storage unit thingy (yay I have a photography drawer!) and I couldnt find the friggen thing. I gave up after awhile and forgot about it til we were walking the dog and I put my hand in my coat pocket and there it was! Apparently I put it there when I was taking pictures outside and never put it back on lol. But I get the same way when I lose something. I get so mad its not even funny. Daniel gets scared when I cant find stuff lol. I hope you find your other stuff. It'll show up somewhere! Wish me luck on my birthing class tomorrow. ALL DAY long! Have a great weekend!

Love,
Nicole

Blog Widget by LinkWithin