Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Peacock

Ever since I was a little girl, I've been fascinated with Peacock's, at one time in my childhood they were my "favorite animal." Like any child though, that changed with the wind, and I was onto another animal within minutes. What fascinated me, like everyone else, is the colors. So bright and beautiful. I remember going to the game farm in Sequim, Wa, and loving when we would see the Peacocks run passed our huge blue suburban. Those were some of the best days of my childhood. I don't know why I love Peacocks so much, I'm terrified of birds. One of these running at me would probably kill me. But they are stunning, and their color inspiration, and feathers make for beautiful pieces.

Here are a few of my Peacock inspired favorites!


I'm in the Holiday Spirit already, I would love to do something like this for our tree.

If I could do my wedding again, I would pick Peacock. I just love the rich colors. So divine!


Bit of a stretch, but I loved it so much I had to put it in. Anthropologie.

Yes, you might recognize this from a previous post. I can't get enough of it. I'm trying to talk my husband into something like this. I don't think it will work...

I want one of these just to wear. Found here

Not technically a Peacock feather, it's "A bird" but hey, its pretty and matches the color scheme.

Other images found via google.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Alyssa

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin