Friday, September 18, 2009

In A Pink Mood

I've seen a few bloggers posting about pink and white rooms lately, and I think I will follow suit and post a couple of my pink favorites.

Like most girls I loved pink growing up. I'm sure alot of what I owned was pink. If you were into Barbie as a child, you were probably into pink. My mom tells me I wasn't obsessive about it, but I had a healthy dose of pepto bismol colored items in my room, and I'm sure in my wardrobe. The pink item that stands out to me the most is a hot pink hat that I owned. It was purchased on one of our trips to Seaside, Oregon while on vacation. We never went on a vacation where my dad couldn't drive. We took many a trip to the same spots in Oregon. Anyway, this hat had a drawing of a carousel horse and had SEASIDE emblazoned on it. It wasn't just hot pink, but it was HOT PINK in only the way the 80's and 90's could do hot pink.

My favorite color, though, was red, and it still remains today. I remember my grandmother buying my cousin, who is a year younger, and me the same pair of "Jasmine" pajamas. No they weren't authentic Jasmine pajamas, just that style. She gave me the pink set, and Billie the Red set. We promptly switched when we took them out of the box, and spent Christmas morning running about playing Aladdin.

And when I grew into my preteen and teen years pink became more of a staple. When we moved into our "new house" I painted (I think) one full wall pastel pink, and the others sponged seafoam green, and pastel purple. I shudder at the color choice now.

College, I stayed away from pink at all cost. It made me feel queezy. College happened to fall during a hard time for me, so pink was something a little too cheery to take. Now I'm back in the land of pink. I'm pretty sure I only own 2 pink shirts. And nothing else that I own is pink, but I wouldn't mind adding a few touches here and there. Josh would never stand for this (hence the "Why would you want a fake pink Christmas tree?" statement he made when I told him I was on a quest this year to find one for my office. I'm also on a quest for a cheap pink velvet couch, but that's another story...

So now that I've told you a few random stories, here are a few favorite picks of pink that I wouldn't mind having!

Love the chairs, a little much for me, but still pretty.

I dont know what man would let his wife do this?

I'm a huge fan of chairs, so these two photos I love!







My Favorite (More my style white with just a touch of pink.


This one I love because its paired with orange. I love the combination of colors.
Have a wonderful Friday!









No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin