Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Quote of the Day


Moon River might be my favorite song of all time. It's right up there with "Free Fallin'" by Tom Petty. There is just something about this song that is magical. I decided awhile ago that because I don't know any nursery rhymes (neither did my mom) I will sing Moon River to my kids. I'm also going to sing La Vie En Rose. Is it totally ridiculous that I already know what I'm going to sing to children I don't even have yet?
I tested it out on the dog the other day, Bella seems to like music, so when she was really tired, but too over stimulated to sleep, I sang to her and out she went. Yes, I'm not the crazy lady that sings to her dog. Whatever works, right? I suggest you go have a listen. The best versions are by Audrey Hepburn, Andy Williams, and Jane Monheit.
Have a magical day!
Photo via: weheartit

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin