Friday, May 30, 2008

10 Things I've Always Wanted To Do


I was driving to the post office box yesterday, on my way to run some other errands, and I had a thought. I think alot in the car. I think about alot of things normally, but that idle time, when the music is playing and I feel relaxed is a time when I actually stop to think about a few things. Something in the song I was listening to made me cry, and probably had nothing to do with what I am going to talk about today, but something in that song inspired me to stop and take the time today to write about a few random things that I've always wanted in my life. Now, one of my favorite things in the world is to learn about other people. So I'm not just going to talk about me, but I want you to tell me about you as well. I'm here by myself all day long, so I really want to learn a little something extra about the people who read my blog. I have my regulars that post. Thank you to the two of you that post a comment all the time. You know who you are. Your comments brighten my day, and I always love to hear what you have to say. So, if you take the time to read my blog, but rarely, or never leave a comment, today is the day that you should comment. What I am going to ask you to do may take a little time, but you may learn a little something about yourself, and I will definitely learn things I don't know.


Like I said, I love to learn new things about people. I love to talk to friends, so I want you to tell me 10 things you've always wanted in life. It doesn't have to be something that you've wanted since you were a child, but really dig deep and think of some cool answers that you wouldn't normally say. Stay away from the, "I want a new cell phone because mine is broken" sort of thing. I steered clear of that, although I really want a new cell phone. I wrote ten this morning, it took me awhile to find things that I thought were different, but at least a little fun to read at the same time. They can be things, but remember to make them things that are really important to you. Alright, so I will go first, since I'm not going to make you do it without me doing it too.


Please take the time to do this. It's to keep my sanity! :) I hope you enjoy, and you are inspired to write something too!


1. I’ve always wanted one of those old red bikes. I want to ride it through the streets of Paris or ride really fast, go down a hill and put my arms up in the air, just to feel the wind in my face, and feel the simple feeling of freedom it can create. Although, I never could balance my bike without holding on.

2. I’ve always wanted to create stationary and cards. I have this love for paper, and design. I can’t get enough cards, or stationary. I don’t have that much… I’ve thought better and decided not to get it, but I swoon over them every time we happen to stop into a store where cards and other little treasures are available.

3. I’ve always wanted to learn how to dance. Ballroom dancing, any type of dancing. It gets me excited when I watch such talented people do what they love. I am amazed. Maybe this should be taught in school. That would be fun! Probably only for me, though.

4. I want to keep the friends that I hold the closest to me. It’s easy to be friends with the same people in high school. We see the same people every day at school, and then on the weekends we spend time together to. But with the rush and the changing of life, and personalities we lose those friends that we never thought we could live without. Somewhere along the way we find out we will be okay. But there are those few friends that have had such an impact on my life, I want them to be a part of my future life. Thinking of all the things that we could do, and the people we could be having each other in our lives makes me want to do anything in my power to keep us together.

5. I’ve always wanted a small bookstore: one like Meg Ryan had in that movie You’ve Got Mail. I think I’ve only seen parts of that movie, but I think it was a children’s book store. I want just a regular small bookstore. I want a quiet, and cozy place. A place where people could come to read and feel at peace. I love books, and I love the smell of old books. I wish that smell could be captured and put in a candle or something.

6. I’ve always wanted to live in an apartment in the middle of Seattle or somewhere like it. Crazy, I know, but I love the feeling of being able to see what’s going on. I want to go to museums, I love museums, and plays. I just love the thought of being able to take in so many different things. I really like peace and quiet too, so maybe just living in the middle of things for awhile would be enough for me.

7. I’ve always wanted to be a master painter. I don’t know how many times I’ve asked God for some inspiration, and a little more talent with the paint brush than I have. I like to paint, but my problem is, I never know what to paint. It’s hard that you can’t turn creativity on with a switch. I also wish I was a little more skilled. I can paint, but I don’t know tricks, or ways to make my art look really good. I guess it’s just practicing, and I’ve been doing a lot of that lately.

8. I want to be able to take pictures like Annie Leibovitz. Those kind of pictures that just draw you to stop and look at them. The kind of pictures that you take more than just a few seconds to scan. There is so much vision, and so much inspiration in them. I want that. Her pictures light a spark in me, and they want me to do everything I can to be better.

9. I want to live in Italy. I loved Paris, but I think the Romans were much friendlier. I don’t think I’d live in Rome, but maybe Tuscany, or Venice. I was so bummed when we didn’t get to see either of those places. Maybe I’ve watched Under the Tuscan Sun too many times. But that is what I want, an old beautiful hose that needs to be fixed up. I want to learn Italian, and take in the beauty that is Italia.

10. I want to be one of those people that does the things that I want to do. Life is so short and we miss out on so many things we want to do. Work, and the hustle and bustle of life, paying bills, worrying about paying bills all take first place. I want to be one of those people that truly loves life, and loves what they do.

This is the bike I'm talking about. This one is orange, but
you understand. This was off ebay I think.
Have a wonderful Friday!
Alyssa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really will have to think about this for awhile. But it's late now and I'm tired. Maybe I will wake up inspired with a list of ten things ready for your eager eyes. ;)

Love ya,
Kendra

Anonymous said...

This was actually pretty difficult to do lol. I guess motivation kinda goes out the window as you get older. That's something everyone should work on. I only came up with 8 so far,But here I go:

1. I'd like to be the Christian that God intends me to be. My husband has really gotten me back into church and getting my spirit back that I had lost during high school thanks to a horrible relationship situation. It's been nice to get back in touch with God, but I still feel some disconnect. Hopefully I can bridge those gaps and be a good role model for my son.

2. I want to be a good mother. I see so many young mothers that, although they love their child, they are horrible at raising them. I want to be that strong mother that knows to say NO. I want to raise my child to be a responsible person. Ultimately, I want to be as a good of a mother as mine was. I feel comfortable saying that I have a pretty good head on my shoulders, and I terrified of failing to pass that along to my children.

3. Just like you, I want to travel! Especially to Italy! I've always dreamed of living in that little cottage in Tuscany or in a small townhome in the busy streets of Venice. How could you take bad photos there? Perfecto...

4. Someday I fully intend to open my own dog rescue. My job has really opened my eyes to the horrible conditions many dogs face. I want to provide a safe haven for abandoned and abused dogs and help find them the loving homes they deserve. I get sick to my stomach everytime I hear about a dog being neglected. At least children can speak up for themselves..animals cant. I want to be their voice.

5. I want to get better at photography!!! I need to take a real class and learn the basics. I know how to turn on my camera and snap a photo. But I want to really know which settings are best for certain situations. I'm really quite ignorant about apertures and shutter speeds. I'd really like to take some classes and gain the knowledge to best bring out my creativity.

6. I want to finish school! I dont regret dropping out at all. I wasnt doing what I wanted and if I had stayed, I'd still be in a crappy relationship and Elijah would never bless my life. But now that I know what I want out my career life, I am ready to go back and do what I need to do. I want to get my vet tech certification to aid in my ultimate goal of owning a dog rescue. I'm so glad that I found my current job, which has opened up my passion for animals.

7. I want to buy a house! Daniel and I have been really seriously talking about doing this lately. There are so many homes out here for sale. They offer the land and space for raising a child, having pets and giving Daniel the studio he deserves for his job. We have been praying about it, and put it in God's hands as to whether or not it's the right time. When the time comes, we will know. But I cant wait to have a house where I can PAINT and DECORATE! I hate white walls!!! And I want to have a nursery! We'll see what happens.

8. I want to write a book. I dont know what I want to write about...something inspirational I guess. Writing was my best ability in school. I feel like I have lost all of that. I dont feel inspired to write like I used to. Last time I wrote was the poem I wrote for my father's funeral, which wasnt all that great. My bad relationship really sucked the life and motivation out of me. Thank God for Daniel, he is so wonderful and supportive. Maybe I will have something to write about when Elijah arrives.

I am kinda out of things right now. Thanks for asking for this. Hopefully they more we think about what we want from life, the more likely it will be that we accomplish it. I think this is something that will stay on my mind for awhile lol. Hope this entertains you for a little bit!

Love,
Nicole

Blog Widget by LinkWithin