Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Some days I want to pull my hair out!

So I know I haven't written in awhile, and I really don't have too much to talk about today. I got a call that made my day today, Idaho Camera called and told me that my camera had been cleaned and it was ready for me to come pick it up. So I went and paid the 155.30 that it cost to clean the sensor. I got back to the apartment, opened it up, and there was that smudge that I had brought my camera in to be cleaned for in the first place.


Now the first thing I could have thought was, "they messed up and didn't clean it." But I knew better. See, I'm still learning about all the parts inside my camera, I'm not a professional, I can't clean it myself, I thought I knew what was dirty, and what that thing was called, but OH NO! I was wrong. So all other cleaning on the camera is 70 dollars. I could have saved myself all that money and had the right thing cleaned. So I did a little research.... The part that I needed to be cleaned was totally different.... It's called the focusing screen. Makes sense. Duh Alyssa. This is the part where I get really hard on myself and tell myself how incompetent I am. I wanted to cry. So I did some more research and it just so happens, that this part shouldn't be cleaned because it is plastic and can do damage to the area if it is cleaned with a small brush or is touched with your hands. But there is a good side, I know, right? This dust isn't visible on the photos. It will be just fine. So I breath a sigh of relief but in checking out this smudge I now see more dust. Where is it coming from? I still can't figure it out. I'm about to cry.


I'm not one of those people that takes things calmly and rationally either. I just as soon toss my camera over the balcony, and I would if I had the money to buy another one. It's great that these dust particles can't be seen on a photo, but it's bugging me to no end looking at it. I'm hoping that maybe if I just tough it out for a few days the dust will decide to miraculously fall off?


I need a new camera. Does anyone want to buy one?


Thanks for reading my rant. I feel just the tiniest bit better.


Here's a picture I took today. I'm painting something. Here's a piece of it.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dirty cameras are annoying! I was using the schools very nice and oh so expensive canon and after taking my pictures had nice black spots on it... Thought I broke it buy my problem was that the sensor needed to be cleaned. Very annoying but after I cleaned it I had nice pictures with no ugly black spots!! At least yours didn't show up in the pictures. I had my three finals today and wanted to pull my hair. I feel your pain. Hang in there lady!! Miss you guys!!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, I know what you mean. My camera looks like hell. My sister gave me a mini cleaning set for Christmas but it doesnt really clean it that well. There's dust in spots I dont think a flea could get into to clean lol...I'm actually going into Kitz today to pick up some prints, I think I'll ask how much it is for them to clean it. Amazingly I never really even thought about having professionals do it. That's due to my lack of brain function lately lol

Nicole

Anonymous said...

oh yea, your painting is beautiful!
Nicole :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin