Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Packing Up and Shipping Out

Here it is again, a week since I last blogged. Did you miss me? I missed writing, but I haven't had really anything to right about, and for once in my life, I haven't had time to do anything. Anxiety levels are rising daily as we get closer to moving to Boise. I think I am actually on schedule, though. I finished packing stuff at my mom's and surprisingly, there is only a small pile of stuff to take. I thought I would have wanted to take more, I do, actually, I think, but the lack of space, and the thought of having to pack it up again in August, or October seems really daunting. We started packing Saturday, and I had a plan of each day what I was going to do, and has that happened? No, not really. Does it ever? No, not really:) We stayed in town again last week, and we lived off cereal for breakfast, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch, and soup for dinner. Josh had the flu, but also, what was the point of buying stuff that we will just have to get rid of when we leave this week? Even as I sit here I am eating a peanut butter sandwich. Interesting information? Of course...

Friday was my last day at work, and the fact that I knew I would cry the whole day came true. I've known for years that my last day working with the kids I would cry, but that realization didn't make it any easier when the time to say goodbye came at 3:30 on Friday. Most days I'm ready to be home with Josh, but Friday, I didn't want to leave. It had occured to me that I wouldn't be a part of their daily lives anymore like I had for the last five years, and those kids wouldn't be a part of mine. I've become so attached these last few years that I don't feel like the same person when I'm not around them. They've really become a part of who I am. It was so hard walking away Friday.

But a new adventure awaits, and hopefully it will be a fun one. I'm excited for this summer, but sad to leave my family and friends. I'm sure they will all be okay with out me, but they make my life such a better one when I can see them frequently.

I probably won't be able to write for awhile, but don't give up on me. I will get internet in Boise as soon as I can, so I can blog, if not for readers, but at least to hold on to that last shred of sanity I have left!:) Enjoy your week. I will miss you all.

God Bless!

Alyssa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, Aly I wish I could give you a hug. I can definately see how hard it must be to leave your job. It's a lot deeper than a customer service job. I hope you have a safe and smooth transition to Idaho. I wish you the best. Post up some pictures as soon as you can! I'll be praying for you and Josh :) Good luck with your big move!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, that comment was from Nicole by the way lol

Anonymous said...

Awww...thinking about leaving those little kids makes ME want to cry.

I've been going baby crazy lately. NOT a good thing. I don't really want any for a few more years...but I'm sure you know that feeling.

I hope everything in Boise goes great. Enjoy the new suroundings.

Love ya,
Kendra

Blog Widget by LinkWithin