Monday, April 7, 2008

Attention to Details

Anyone girl, or woman who has a man in her life knows that men have a total lack of attention to details. I'm not saying they don't care about details in a broad sense, but details about something going on in his own life, or someone else's for that matter.

I learned really quickly that Josh, like most men, has converstations with people and then later, when I asked him what the conversation was about, he doesn't remember. I'll ask him who he talked to, and he knows that, and I will ask him what he talked about... There's the question that they respond with the deer in the headlights look. Maybe not so much surprised, but that completely blank stare, like at that moment, everything that was talked about with this person has totally gone out the window.

Example: Someone we know is getting married, and I had a few questions about what they talked about. I asked Josh, "Well what did Joe say?" Josh's response. "I don't know, I don't really remember?" "Well was this a word of mouth invite, or did he give you an actual invition?" *stare* "No.... The invitation is in the truck." I get excited because I love cards and stationary and such, "Well what does it look like? What color is it?" Again that sort of blank stare, I should have been ready for what was coming, "I don't know, Alyssa, tan and pooh? Something like that, I don't really remember?" I love those colors, don't you? The conversation ended right there. I have yet to see the invitation that is stashed away in the deep pit he calls a console in his work truck. (I used blue and pink everyone could tell who was talking). I love men, I really do. Most conversations are likethis. Me feeling like pulling out his teeth would be easier than getting information, and my beautiful husband offering up nothing unless I drill him endlessly, and only then the details are vague, like someone who had gone drinkinng the previous night, and yet, he hasn't.

I know they don't care about the details, but I do. I love details, maybe it's just the woman in me, but I like knowing details on everyday happenings and I need to know the details of important things, but they don't offer up details on important things either. Josh will say, "Oh, you didn't know that? Everyone else did." Nope! No one told me.":) I need to figure out which questions to ask, and what I need to throw in the towel on, I guess! Just another little tidbit from everyday life.

I hope your week is starting off well! Have a blessed day!

Alyssa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Alyssa, I know exactly how you feel! It MUST be a man thing. Brandon does the same things. We'll find a way around it. The details are important to us, but to them..whatever. I'm sure Josh is bad about watching the tv when you're trying to tell HIM a story too, huh? I have that problem too.

Love ya.
Kendra

Beka said...

haha I love you and Joshy too:)

Anonymous said...

haha I love it! Daniel does the same thing! Unless it has to do with his work, which he remembers EVERY detail. But when his mom or dad calls and makes some kind of plans with him, I'll ask him what we're doing the second he gets off the phone. "Uh I THINK we're doing..." And half the time he's totally wrong lol. By the way, I saw you the other day while I was in Monte visiting my mom. I didn't get to say hi because we were sitting in the Beehive and I couldnt get my fat belly out of my seat fast enough to go outside and yell at you lol. You look great though! Congrats on being an Auntie!

Love, Nicole

Blog Widget by LinkWithin