Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Move In Day Fiasco

I had this nagging feeling Thursday night that something would go wrong Friday either on the way to Boise, or once we got to the apartment complex. A small little thought crept into my head while driving the approximately 543 miles from our old home in Montesano to our new home in Boise: “I bet they gave the apartment to someone else. That would be my luck.” I was wrong though, No, in fact, they hadn’t given the keys to someone else, but they didn’t give the keys to us either…

Josh and I drove 85 miles an hour most of the way to Boise to get to the apartment complex on time, at least by 6 p.m. Which was closing time for a week day. I think I almost had an anxiety attack when I found that map quest’s directions told me to get off the freeway at a certain exit, that was 22 minutes from Boise. We were on a two lane highway going, no not the posted speed limit of 55, but no more than 40, because we were behind some old man in a little white car. I thought the directions were wrong, but they proved to take us exactly where we needed to be, and I was proud of the fact that my mom and I found it ourselves, without calling Josh. Josh took the way we normally go, and ended up being behind us by a few minutes. I obliviously waited for Josh and after he arrived we walked up to the leasing office to find the door locked and a sign on the door that said something like, “We will be closed Friday April, 18 and Saturday April 19, due to maintenance, we will be back Sunday April 20, at the normal time. Until then if you have any maintenance emergencies, call the below listed number and you will be contacted next week in the order that we have received the calls.

As most people that know me, know that I have a temper, my temper doesn’t usually build into something over a long period of time, either. I’m instantly mad when things like this happen, usually so mad I want to scream. I thought better of it, though. We made alot of phone calls to alot of numbers, but none of these were successful, at one point on Saturday morning we found that the maintenance number we were calling for "maintenance emergencies" was the wrong number. We got ahold of Carl, but no one at the apartment complex. Carl was nice, and said he was sorry he couldn't help us out. It was nice someone cared:)

So... Saturday morning we decided to check back at the apartment again, and to our surprise the door was unlocked for a baby shower... But again, no one to help us out. Are you serious? Was all I thought. I was mad, I hold everyone to the high standards that I hold myself. The parents were fuming, it was almost comical if it had been television, but it wasn't, so of course it wasn't funny to me, well it did get a few funny comments out of the whole thing!

Anyway, we were looking around for someone and what do we see right smack dab on the desk? The keys to our apartment... our mothers promptly took them off the desk and wrote a clever little note about how disappointed they were and signed it "The not so happy parents of Josh and Alyssa Lillegard" We moved in with ease, and here we are. I will have a few pictures of the apartment up soon! We're busy unloading from boxes and running errands. Sorry no exciting things to talk about. Hopefully soon! I miss you all so much!

God Bless,

Alyssa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I would react the exact same way! That is just unacceptable. So did you have to stay in a hotel for a few days? Well, at least they didnt give the apartment to someone else...that really would have sucked. Hope the rest of the moving process goes well for you. Cant wait to see the pictures :)

Love,
Nicole

Blog Widget by LinkWithin