Saturday, October 18, 2008

Going Crazy (What We're Up To)

So, I've been a little scarce around these parts lately. Partially because of the lack of almost all forms of entertainment. No cable, no internet. I know, it's sad that I've come to that. Josh and I are spending almost 24 hours a day 7 days a week together and I really think we are on the verge of commiting a murder. Anyone in such a close vicinity would want to strangle even their best friend if you've continued to live like this for 2 and a half months. We do quite well, considering we spend nearly every waking moment together. Why is it though, that even if I do want some space I still don't want him to go and do anything without me? I must be crazy.

Why wouldn't I want some peace and quite from that ever continuing College football game on xbox that sounds in my ears while I'm trying to edit photos? And why wouldn't I like a view of an empty couch where my husband so eagerly takes position in front of the tv with that ridiculously intense look on his face like he just won the superbowl? Most days I want to pull my hair out, but no I still want him around. I guess after almost a year of marriage I still think he's beautiful and I still really do like him, even if he only gets up from the couch to eat Top Ramen and go to the bathroom.

Things have been pretty crazy around here for us lately. We spend almost as much time in the car as we do in the house. You should see our place, it looks like a hurricane came through. Boxes everywhere, more boxes now that we moved things out of Josh's parents place. I'm sure we could fashion some sort of cardboard mansion if we knew it would stand up well. It would be alot cheaper than our apartment, and with as many boxes as we have it would probably be the same size. Of course, there is all that crap, I mean valuables, that we have accumulated over the year of marriage.

We've found that we don't know whether we are coming or going and I can feel my anxiety rise and I have instant heartburn. I think I will have a small heart attack soon. Don't worry though, I'm young, so I should be able to pull through. Luckily though, there is a small light at the end of the tunnel. Josh will be starting a new job next friday, and we will be living in a hotel for a week! Our nomadic life resumes. We get to move into our cute new little apartment on the first of November. The prospect of getting to live in one place for a year excites me to no end. I'm already planning on where to hang things and what color to paint our 1 accent wall. I'm thinking something really cool...

The next obstacle? Alyssa finding a job... Nice. I've found that I'm not good at much. And I really don't think I have the patience to work at a mall during the holiday season. I'm thinking about something more full time, like answering phones in that sunny voice I hate so much. Or typing on the computer with my crazy typing skills that I learned from all those years of ICQ in Jr. High. No, Mavis Beacon typing software, you did not work, typing to that cute boy at school on ICQ did though. Professionals just really need to leave it up to the kids with crushes to learn how to type. Your silly "ASDFGHJKL" crap doesn't work. It just doesn't. Now for fun, I type on the keyboard while I'm listening to a song. Sad that I think that is fun, but is so much entertainment. So there is that, and what else I have not a clue. I'm not sure I'd be a good waitress, again, the patience thing. I can't stand people being mad at me if I get something wrong or I'm not fast enough with that. I have terrible balance when it comes to plates too, and if you've ever seen me, I only have the muscles I was born with. My brother continually tells me that I looked like a Jewish prisioner of the Auschwitz concentration camp when I was in highschool. He is right. I was certainly a beauty.

So, I'm on a quest to find something I'm good at, while making some money to help pay this insane rent on our tiny one bedroom apartment. The upside? I probably won't get stabbed walking out my front door and there is a tanning bed in the apartment complex, who can complain? A cancer bed I can visit every day at work! Will I go, probably not, but the thought that I could makes me happy.

So this is where we are: driving eachother crazy, stressed to near heart attacks, poor and getting poorer (not a word), jobless (as of now) and loving eachother every minute. It's good to be young isn't it?

Have a beautiful evening, and remember to love life no matter how stressful!!

Alyssa

1 comment:

Beka said...

Lyss- I am so excited you wrote on your blog. Like I said, I stalk it continually. I am excited for you and Josh to start your new life even though I will miss you. You are very wrong about not being good at anything. You have beautiful talent and you will be successful, it just takes time. I was going to call you tonight but I am always reluctant since I figured your hubby was with you but it sounds like maybe you could have gotten out of the house ;) Are we still on for tomorrow? Love you forever.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin