Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I actually do, do things...

So, I'm the first to admit that I have a little bit of a "Type A" personality, and I love organization,feeling productive, and I love working. I know that there are always days where going to work seems like the worst thing in the world, but I never feel more myself when I'm hard at work actually feeling like I'm doing something and being a part of something bigger. So, while I've been her I've been super bored, and a little depressed that I haven't done anything. I know, I should probably get a job, but that's coming, and I have been keeping busy, it's just not the busy that I'm used to... work... If I'm not being productive, I'm completely wasting the day, and my dad thought the same way. If I'm not up before a certain time, I might as well just forget it...
I remember getting up early in the morning on the weekends to chop firewood with dad. We would roll out of bed, decide against brushing our teeth and crawl into jackets and boots. We would stash away that idea to put on clothes and just throw everything on over our pajamas in hopes of getting to jump back into bed. No such luck. I find myself judging my self worth on how much I am doing, and how much I am getting in return, this is probably unhealthy, but I thrive on productivity. It's so invigorating.

So, I decided to take a few minutes to write down the things that I needed to do today, and check them off as I went along. Since I took this picture, a couple more things are in progress. I still feel blah today for not doing much, probably because it took me so long to do these things. Have you ever felt this way?!
I made dinner and I'm editing photos too. I need some cuddle
time too! I'm not sure I'm up for laundry, though.

This is what we had for dinner. Clean Tostadas. My friend
Shauna put this on her cooking blog. We had this a couple weeks
ago, but inhaled it before I could get a picture. SOOO good.

This was a recipe for Grilled Cheese and Cherries. It is alot
prettier than it tastes... I didn't like it:( Won't make it again.

So I'm working on a little something with the lollipop sticks mentioned on my list. I'm really excited, I just need the talent to do it! Hopefully, this week I will be able to accomplish my goal of creating the masterpiece!

I hope you have a blessed Tuesday

Alyssa

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin