Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sunshine and Travels

I decided to write a little bit this morning/ afternoon. I have a couple hours before work so I thought I would entertain myself, and pass the time. It's like killing two birds with one stone, I guess. Or maybe not.

I went back to bed this morning after Josh left for work, like I do every morning, but today, I couldn't really fall asleep. For the first time in what seems like decades the sun was pouring in between the blinds in all it's bright golden glory.

I am a huge fan of dreery days, days where rain comes down in sheets, and there's absolutely nothing you can do, but run from your car to work, and back from work to your car. To have to race inside at home all over again. I love coats, I love hats. Maybe it's just the clothes that I like? I don't know, but those days of gray are beautiful and mystical days too. They hold so much promise for dancing in the rain and stomping in puddles. I love that icy cold feel of winter air in my lungs, and I am filled with the excitment of a child when I see snow falling at night. I love late fall and winter, they are my favorite seasons of the year.

But today, there is no rain, and there is no snow. Today there is sunshine! And I love that too! On days like today I find I'm excited, invigorated (sp) almost to go outside and play. So why am I inside writing? Beats me, I felt the need to write, and look at creative things. It's what I do. I have so many ideas, but I am a person plagued with no knowledge of how to do any of them. Any helpers? I think probably one person reads this blog. Thank you Danae. :) I love you!

So, on a different note, Josh and I are heading to Idaho tomorrow, Boise/Meridian. We are on our way to look for apartments. I'm excited because I kind of need a break from work, although it seems like I've had alot in the passed year, but I work with 15 kids on an average day. You'd need a break too. Anyweay, I'm excited, but terrified. I don't really like doing that kind of stuff and Josh definitely doesn't like to do that kind of stuff. So who gets stuck talking to people we've never met? ME!

I absolutely love traveling with Josh. My mom always told me that a real test of a relationship is when you can go on vacation together without killing eachother. It's true, but I haven't had any fiasco vacationing with Josh, so I don't know how terrible it can be.

We did have our honeymoon in Maui, and it rained 8 days out of 10, but we did a pretty good job. We were without electricity, without anything to do, and stuck in the condo because of the worst flood they've had in 25 years. Go figure! I think it's a Toyra family thing. But, my cousin went a week after I got back to the big island, and everything was perfect. GO FIGURE. Grandma and Grandpa said we can have a redo next summer if we want. It would probably rain then too. I think the only reason we had a little bit of a hard time those last two days is because Josh and I love to do things. We love to do things, but we do things on our own time. We missed some things in Paris last year, but Josh had mapped out a different way to get somewhere everyday, and a different way back. So we walked everywhere and saw things we never would have seen had we not just done our own thing rather than doing a tour.

So, needless to say, I'm excited to get up in the morning and take the 10 hour drive down to Boise. While my back end doesn't like it. I love the view I love the company, and I love the adventures. Just think, in two months we will have our very first own place! Not anyone elses, OURS ! I love the idea of having a place that's just ours. We've been nomads for so long. But I'm going to consider us nomads until we are somewhere for more than just a few months.

Hopefully this weekend goes great. Wish us luck!

Have a beautiful Wednesday! Happy Valentines Day tomorrow!

Alyssa

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin