Thursday, February 21, 2008

Days Like These...

There are days... Oh there are days when I just want to scream and pull my hair out. Today, and yesterday were days like that. I started off yesterday great. I felt productive in the fact that I had figured out how to do something myself, something that was simple, but something I had no clue to do. I felt like a genius yesterday. Then I got to work....

Don't get me wrong, I like my job, but some days I seriously just want to run and hide. I walked in at the daycare, and I was ambushed by arguing children, yelling across the snack table at eachother as if they couldn't be heard with "indoor voices." Working at a daycare for the passed four and a half years has really given me an advantage when I have children of my own. Yes, I know that having a child is different. But at the same time having a child is having 1 child, and taking care of one child. Add 14 more children to that, and that's my average day. Props to mothers, it's the hardest job out there.

I left work yesterday, and just let the aggravation go, but today, when I left at three o'clock (yes I get to go home) sorry mom's you don't on the days that you want to, I just couldn't let it go. I listened to fighting and screaming and yelling and running, and more yelling, fighting and screaming throughout the morning and into the afternoon. I feel like a broken record. I'm sure the kids think that their names are "no, don't do that." Kids are going to start introducing themselves as, "My name is No, SARAH, or Don't run in the house, Sarah." I feel so bad sometimes that I'm always telling them the same things.

Then, I got home to make dinner, and my beautiful husband had told me what he wanted for dinner tonight, but failed to remind me this morning before he left for work at 7. Yes, it's my fault that I didn't leave things out to thaw, but it'd be nice to have someone help with those "little things" I had work this morning too. So dinner can't be made, and now I'm too mad to make dinner tonight. El Rancho (our hometown mexican restaurant) here we come! Yet again.

Most people who know me, know I am not a cook. It runs in the family. My mother doesn't cook dinner. I don't remember the last time she made a real dinner. Everything consisted of a meal from a box. Usually noodles and some sort of powdery substance. Don't get me wrong, my mother is a wonderful mother, and does so many other things well. She cooks a mean Thanksgiving feast, but can't make an interesting dinner for the life of her. I blame my mother for my cooking "disabilities" and my mom blames her mom for her lack of interest and skill. My grandma hated to cook. So, El Rancho again tonight. I should have them come to my house and just cook for us every night.

Back to work though. There are days like today, but then there are days when I know why I work for kids. Yesterday one of the little boys, who is so so smart was playing with one of those old computers with the numerous games on them. You know the ones that came out when we were just little. He was doing the typing part. He typed his name on the computer. Mind you, he is 4. I told him to type my name in, and he did, but it didn't have my name, "Alyssa" in the computers "dictionary", so he sat down and proceeded to type various words. Minutes later he stands up from his seat and says, "Alyssa, I spelled POOP, but it's not in the computer!" The shock on his face, and the statement made my day.

It's things like those that make days like these worth while. If you have kids you know how matter- of-fact and honest childrens mind's can be.

I hope you had a wonderful Thursday. Tomorrow is Friday! Thank the lord for the weekend.

God Bless!

Alyssa

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin