Monday, February 18, 2008

Apartment Hunting....

Home at last!



Well, we've been home since yesterday afternoon, but I was too exhausted to sit at the computer to do any sort of writing at all. To tell you the truth I'm too exhausted now. But, I'm not feeling well, so I thought I would sit awhile and write. Josh and I spent 20 hours in the car this weekend. 10 going to Idaho, and 10 coming back. Thankfully, we had a couple days in between there, so we didn't have to drive down and then back the next day.



Anyway, I can't say that apartment hunting in Boise went well, it didn't go terribly either, just sort of down the middle of the road I guess. We found a couple apartments, one that I really hope we move into, it's really nice, and spacious. This apartment complex is right downtown, wherever down town is because Boise is so spread out, but it's also right next to everything. Right down the road is a Target. Sad, I know. We went hunting for one apartment complex that claimed it is 15 minutes from the school... Josh and drove around for at LEAST half an hour. We had to go through this huge business district which has to be CRAZY in the mornings, so we decided not to get out, and just pass up on that apartment. The only great thing was, it was down the road from Urban Outfitters. I would be scowering that place every day if I lived down there. I don't have enough money to buy anything there, but I can wander the store and dream, can't I?

I'm ready to move... I think. I've decided that I like Boise, but there is no one there for me. Josh is there for me, but sometimes I need other people I know. While we were driving through Boise looking for apartments Josh and I talked a little bit about life thus far. I think I will have a harder time moving over to Boise than I did moving over to Germany. It seemed like there was so much for me over there. So many more interesting things to see, it was something I have been wanting to do forever, and Josh had already laid the ground work for friends. He had told certain people about me, set up the friendships, and all I had to do was walk through the door. I love all the people I met over there, and some of them turned out to be amazing friends whom I love very much.

I think I'm a generally friendly person, but I have a hard time just making friends out of nowhere. I like to talk to people I don't know, but I don't really build friendships with people I meet at the grocery store. Maybe I should try doing that when I'm over there.

The drive to and from Boise was alot better this time. Shorter it seemed, I love car rides. Josh and I had fun, but I think I was on the verge of jumping out the car window somewhere between Pendelton and Portland. Josh was driving me crazy. It all worked out though, and we still love eachother though:) I'm glad. Now it's waiting around time, another thing we tend to do so often around here. And by the end of next week, we will be up at the lake again because we'll be kicked out of here. Have I mentioned I'm tired of moving back and forth? I probably have. I won't bore you with complaints! Well, I don't really have anything else to talk about. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

God Bless

Alyssa

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin