Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sigh

I'm not so patiently awaiting the arrival of my newest issue of Vanity Fair. My mother was nice enough to order it for me as a Christmas present, but you know how the mail system works, and the slip must have gotten lost, so I never got any of the magazines she order for me. I'm pretty sure she ordered Real Simple too... But the other day, much to my surprise, while I was visiting her, I saw on her computer, a comfirmation from VF. Talk about making my day. They said, my first issue probably wouldn't come for 6-8 weeks, but when I got home there is was in my mail box! I had already bought that issue, because I can rarely keep myself from purchasing my most beloved magazine, so I will keep the one I got in the mail all nice, and stack it with the other VF Mags I have. Yes, I keep them.
Because I couldn't resist. Yesterday, after an announcement on MSN, I checked out VF's best dressed list. I wasted (or not) an hour perusing the site. I check almost everyday for updates. Especially being so close to the release date of this issue (it comes out today).

I found these photos, which have an article with them. I didn't read the article. I will read it when I get my magazine. One of the many things I love about VF is the fact that there are a huge amount of articles, but also photos to go with them. The best of both worlds, I guess.

These photos are of two characters from the show MAD MEN on AMC. I've always wanted to see this show. I always say I was born in the wrong era, so is Josh, but at the same time, I have way too many opinions. I would never have survived. The clothing is beautiful. The people are beautiful. Here is a sneak peek! I think I will be renting the Mad Men seasons from Blockbuster soon. :)

The photos were taken by the queen of photography herself: Annie Leibovitz



I love absolutely everything about this photo. :)


To see more photos from the shoot, and to read the article go here

Alyssa

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin