Friday, April 3, 2009

My Affinity For Dresses

I love clothes. I won't deny it. And you probably couldn't tell that I do, considering I've been wearing the same boring stuff since only God knows how long. Buying clothes comes after paying the bills and after my business needs, which right now, doesn't leave room for much else. My favorite clothing? Dresses. When I was little, I used to only wear dresses, sometimes I wore them with leggings and jellies, but they were dresses none the less. My mom tried to get me into a pair of Osh Kosh B'gosh and I was MORTIFIED. I didn't want to look like a boy, and if that wasn't enough to convince my mother, I hated how they felt on my legs. They were too stiff and scratchy. It was kind of like when we would go to the beach and I would get sand in between my toes. Oh the horror. Wearing jeans and sand between my toes were hellish occurances in life, so I stayed away from them like the plague. And then I came to that time in my childhood, like most girls do... The time we have an identity crisis and we want to be picked first for the baseball team, and we abandon those pretty little dresses in exchange for baggy pants and tshirts.

It was easy for me to look like a boy considering my hair refused to grow, and regardless of what my mom thinks, I DID have a mullet, and a white blonde mullet at that. I had what you call brillow pad hair, where at four you could probably see my wispy brillow pad blowing in the wind while I rode my bike (with training wheels) before you even saw my face. Just picture how attractive a gangly four year old with a huge gap in her teeth was. I was a real piece of work.

That ugly stage lasted from 6-16 something that I hope when I have a daughter she doesn't have to suffer for so long. It's bound to happen, but I hope it's not the length of time that I suffered through.

Anyway, sometime during high school I stopped trying to hide that fact that I was a girl. I spent alot of time during my high scehool career hiding that fact that I was tall too. And if by some miracle the planets shifted, hell actually froze over, and I decided to buy clothes that actually fit. Clothes that had flowers on them... It was an amazing feeling.

I was back in love with dresses to. Dresses are the first thing I look at when I walk through a store. I'm not even allowed to stop when I'm with Josh, but sometimes I am allowed a quick skim through to see if there is anything I absolutely can't live witout. I have at least 4 little black dresses, one of which I have yet to wear, but it is perfect in the way that Audrey Hepburn's dresses were perfect, and for now I just try it on with my pearls and twirl in the mirror. It can only be worn to the most wonderful of places... This might be hard considering Josh and I rarely do anything aside from going to Target and venturing out to the occassional movie.

I spend hours online looking at dresses that I could never afford, but it makes me feel oh so good to dream. So here are a few dresses that I could never afford that I am absolutely in love with! Enjoy!


I think I loved every piece of clothing Kiera Knightley wore in this movie. I would wear any of the pieces my favorite is the green dress. It is to die for. and the dress on the right is amazing too.

This is Sienna Miller in Vogue. I kept this issue for so long. I couldn't find the other blue dress from this shoot but it was amazing too. Maybe it was the same dress, but this was all I could find. Isn't it divine?

Scarlett Johannson is pretty amazing. I love this dress. And the shoes are great too.

I had this picture saved because I love this photo... And Christ Noth. Don't ask. Again, it's the older man thing. But who can forget to put Carrie Bradshaw on a dress list?!LOVE THIS!


This a Grace Kelly dress. I would wear this in a hearbeat. Where? I don't have a clue!


Can't get enough of Rachel McAdams' dress in the Notebook!



I didn't used to be much for ruffles and poof, but I'm in love with frills now. AH!

This dress is stunning. I'm pretty sure that is a necklace, it makes the dress spectacular.

I posted more than I originally thought I would, but I went through my "Things I Love" folder. All images were found via Google.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Alyssa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this dress and brown necklace, do you know who the designer is or where you got the picture?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin