Wednesday, April 29, 2009

And This Is Where We'll Be Living

Okay, so no I won't, but a girl can dream right. I saw these photos in a magazine a few months ago. I want to say Country Living, but I'm not really sure where I actually saw this wonderful home. It was love at first sight. I don't believe in love at first sight between two people, but I DO believe in falling in love with a place at first sight. Does that me a love cynic? MAYBE. I found the article again today while hunting Apartment Therapy for a little inspiration. It's awesome where you can find a little inspiration, Apartment Therapy is a regular visit for me. I dream about houses and apartments, and how I will decorate them all through the day.

Josh and I are headed out with his Uncle tonight to house hunt. Our price range is higher than we expected, but because business has been super slow for me this year so far, so we are shooting about for about $25,000-30,000 below our top limit. This leaves us with a house that needs some work, and lacks the things that I want most in a house. I.E. a separate room for an office. I've been hoping for 4 bedrooms, but there is only one house we are looking at tonight with 4 bedrooms. Sure I can use one of the other two bedrooms for awhile as an office before we have kids, but Josh and I are planning on having kids in the future. No, this isn't an announcement for those of you who know me and have asked if babies are on the way.

#2. Of importance on the list for the inside of the house. A dining room. You would be surprised at how many houses don't have a dining room. Our dark wood, pub like dining room table is too pretty to be shoved in back of the living room behind our non- existent couch. Even our small apartment has a dining area. This will be especially important when we have children. Because it's a rare day right now that we eat at the table, but instead balance our plates on our laps in front of the t.v. riveted by an episode of Cash Cab, or another crazy story about octo-mom and how she lost her kid one day and had to call 911.

Location is a really big deal to us to. We think we've found a house, and then the next door neighbors have 14 broken down cars with bullet holes in the sides, which are haphazardly strewn about the yard. Blah.

So, this is where I have decided we should move! It's tiny, no room for an office I'm sure, no room for kids really. But it would be a wonderful place to hole up and vacation for awhile.

The house was $30,000, and had to be gutted, but it had great bones, and now look at it! Enjoy the pictures!

Have a wonderufl day!

Alyssa

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin