Friday, April 24, 2009

Chairs

So I'm on the hunt for some awesome furniture to use for pictures, but I have not a clue where to find them. I'm poor, so that rules out alot of places I would love to shop, i.e. Anthropologie. I'm in love with their leather couch! And I don't like leather couches, obviously Anthropologie has some power over me. I'm thinking I will have to just keep an eye out for something that I think has potential, and maybe.... Reupholster it. I'm sure that would end up being disastrous. I never thought as an adult I would be IN LOVE with furniture and home decor.

I remember walking through Levitz and La-Z Boy Furniture nearly in tears due to the unimaginable torture my mom and dad put me through. We would spend hours perusing the couches and the recliners. Every once in awhile, Kyle and I would find something we thought was interesting. But did we ever purchase what we picked? NO. We NEVER purchased anything. So why were we there? I'm sure as punishment for arguing in the back of the car that, "You crossed the invisible line! MOM, HE CROSSED THE INVISIBLE LINE!" I can't wait to have kids and have that continual shriek of whiny voices drone on and on in the car on a trip to absolutely anywhere. That's a different story.

We usually got in trouble for sitting on the furniture with our sticky child fingers. DON'T bring a kid in a store where nothing can be touched. You know we are just aching to knock over that hideous Japanese vase in the corner next to that chair. One of us usually left crying... Usually due to exhaustion from making 357 laps around the store, sitting in every recliner that struck my fathers fancy. Then in turn my father would do that awful lip curl that signaled we were going to get it either in the car, or when we got home.

So with all that tragedy, I'm really surprised at how much I adore home decor. There are so many horrendous memories. But I LOVE it. It makes me so happy! So here are some chairs, and couches that I'm keeping in mind on my hunt for the perfect chair to use for my photo sessions!




morewaystowastetime.blogspot.com








morewaystowastetime.blogspot.com



Interior Dynamics




The one on the right is similiar to one I found in a shop window in Paris I took a picture of the chair because I wanted it so much, but because it was taken through a window, the photo didn't come out well.




freddyandma.blogs.com



I would take any of these chairs in a heartbeat.



stylehive.com


javajune.wordpress.com

My favorite. I want this living room. I'm pretty sure this photo was in Domino at one time.



There are more, but I won't torture everyone!

Have a WONDERFUL weekend. Enjoy the sun if you have it!

Alyssa
















No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin