Tuesday, December 16, 2008

New Years Resolutions

I know we are a couple weeks from the New Year, and we haven't even had Christmas yet, but I've been doing alot of thinking (surprise right?) about what I want to come out of this next year. I've never been a huge fan of resolutions. Mainly because I think we put too much emphasis on making them, and we set goals too high to achieve, and then we are disappointed. I've heard people say, "One way to achieve your New Year 2009 goals is to aim low" A part of me understands that, but at the same time it upsets me because we are already being told that, no, you probably won't get done what you want, you won't achieve what you want to achieve... Why bother? I think the key to being successful this year is not to aim low, but don't weigh so heavily on achieving exactly everything. If your goal is to lose 30 pounds, and you lose 20 that's a huge success. I think we need to put better things on our lists too. I have alot of things I really want to accomplish this year. Alot of them having to do with my photography business, but there are some that I want just for me... and the people I love. So write down your list of New Years Resolutions, try to achieve them, but more than that enjoy the journey of getting there.

My New Years Resolutions:

1. Try to take a photo every day. Do the 365 day challenge. If I miss a day, make sure I take two the next.

2. Finally set up that much needed website. Scrape together the money and take the plunge that needs to be taken.

3. Buy that new camera I need desperately. (Man this profession is expensive)!

4. Feed my soul. Do things I want to do and need to do. Read a book, and write as much as I can. Really feel every emotion to its utmost potential.

5. Better my marriage. Love my husband even more, be a better wife, be more patient.

6. Be a better friend. Keep the relationships that I hold so dear to me. The friends I have are amazing, and I couldn't live without them. Spend more time and better quality time with them.

7. Become closer to God and pray more.

8. Try new baking recipes, start learning to play the guitar, learn to knit and sew. This goes along with doing things I want to do. I want to do it all, even if it takes me forever to do it.

9. Have more sessions this year. Every year for me has been an improvement, but I'm hoping this year will be a big year for me. I hope to be full time by the end of the year, it's going to take alot of hard work, but I can't wait.

10. Be a better daughter, sister, grandaughter, cousin, niece, whatever!

11. Find a way to start giving back the way I want to. Find the connections, get the word out, and help people who have been touched by the same hardships as I have felt. I AM SO EXCITED TO DO THIS! I can't wait to get this in motion!

12. Live, Laugh and Love more. I have been so blessed in my life. I have a wonderful family, beautiful friends I wouldn't trade for the world, and a job I can't wait to start doing full time. I want to eat more good food, spend more time in deep conversation with the ones I love, I want to drink more wine, laugh until I cry and feel the greatness of the life that God has given me.

What are your New Years Resolutions?

Have a wonderful Holiday Season! Merry Christmas!

Alyssa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am really inspired by your resolutions. Most of the people fail to achieve their new year resolutions. So try hard to achieve your new year goals...

Regards
Sam

Blog Widget by LinkWithin