Saturday, November 8, 2008

Things I am Loving Right Now

I haven't felt any inspiration to do anything creative in awhile. I haven't done much aside from getting packed and then getting unpacked and now settled, but tonight I was in desperate need of inspiration so I started to visit a few blogs I love to stalk and let them take me where they felt I needed to go. I went from one blog I visit, to one I will now check up on, and then that led me to a site I've visited before, and had forgotten about. I was talking to Josh a bit ago, and had the realization, which I said out loud that, "I am just so obsessed with everything... I just love pretty things: paints and wallpaper, paper and furniture, interior design, clothes, and people and photography. How can I surround myself with all these pretty things."

I've found that I am a complete mish mash of likes and loves. I think I remember my mom mentioning that my room always looked like a complete havoc because nothing was ever cohesive. I'm getting better with what I choose to put in my house, but if I could have it all I would. My style ranges from the love of victorian furniture to clean lines of some modern stuff to totally distressed and cozy. What am I going to do with myself? So I thought, because I am so excited at some of the finds I arrived upon tonight, I would share them with you... Sorry if you don't like them. Let me know what you like! I would love to hear all about it! Seriously... Comment.

Finally something we agree we like, the bed. Josh likes it because it looks like a throne. He thinks he's king apparently.


I'm usually all about color, but there is something about a white room I find so peaceful,
as long as it doesn't look like a hospital room. apartmenttherapy.com




I've always wanted a library with so many shelves I need a ladder. HEAVEN



See, I can go from all white to black walls just like that. LOVE the tub!!!





Can't remember where I found this but this
cabinet and organization and colors are to die for.



In love with this artist out of England. I am determined to buy most of her stuff for my childs room, although I dont have one. I can stock up in preparation for some day. I almost didn't show this I don't want anyone else to know my secret loves. http://belleandboo.com/





This is from the movie "The Holiday" Kate Winslets bedroom from the little cottage in England. I needed to find it because I loved it so much. Sad, isn't it?

Last one... Love this bathroom so much. A tub and a pretty shower. I love a good bubble bath.From one of my most favorite blogs ever: theinspiredroom.net

So there you have it, a menagerie of things I love. A mish mash, right? What sort of things do you love?

Have a beautiful rest of the weekend!

Alyssa

1 comment:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I had to laugh about the difficulty in deciding what you love and being able to swing wildly from look to look. Me too. I love so many things, I do wish I was more consistent. But, at least we are unique in our style, right?

Thanks for the mention and the great inspiration!

Happy day,
Melissa

Blog Widget by LinkWithin