Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Anniversary Present

Our first anniversary isn't until next Monday, but Josh's present came in the mail yesterday, a whole week before our anniversary, and to save myself from saying the same thing over and over again, "No you can't open it" and "No, I'm not telling you what it is." I knew we wouldn't last 7 days, so I gave Josh his present. I'm promoting bad health by getting him a variety pack of 50 cigars and a nice mahogany humidor with the temperature gage and other little do dads inside. I feel awful that I'm saying, "Here! Go smoke some." But I'm assuming he won't be smoking all 50 at once. I didn't think about that, though, when I first decided what I wanted to get for him back in August.

Now, my present was too big to fit in our tiny mail box, and because I was out of town yesterday, I wasn't available to sign for my gift. I heard a knock at the door at 9:30 and they dropped off a huge box. Try waiting until 3:45 to open your anniversary present. Not cool. I do admit I tried to look in the box, but I couldn't see anything, so I waited paitently (yea right).


As soon as Josh got home I got to open it, and here is what I got!



If you read this blog, You might have seen this picture before. It' a Monet painting, my favorite! This is a replica, obviously. So no it's not a real painting, but I still love it so much. It's beautiful and I can't stop looking at it. It makes me so happy! My husband gives wonderful gifts! I can't wait to hang it on the wall. Josh, if you read this, I love you so much! Sorry about the awful pictures, these are just a couple quick snapshots. I hope you are having a wonderful week!
Alyssa


1 comment:

Beka said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you. Your gift is beautiful. Love you guys!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin