Monday, November 10, 2008

A Break From The Computer...

I think depression has set in with this whole job search. I know I need to get out there and look, but I'm always discouraged about what I am going to do, and what I am quailfied for. I spent a couple of hours scouring the internet trying to find something in the area, and I haven't found much. For anything that is going to be of any interest I will have to travel 40 minutes each way to Vancouver every day to work. Between job searching, laundry, vaccuming, cleaning and searching for some inspiration, fixing my blog, and working on photography stuff, my eyes were about ready to fall out. I decided I couldn't look at the computer for another second. So what am I doing on here? (I'm very contradictory). Anyway, I decided I would take some time to slap another coat of paint on one of my canvases I'm trying to reuse. I decided to finally paint what I've been planning on it. Trying to cover up a painting that is already on it can be done, but it's proving to take alot to cover it up. This is coat three, and I'm thinking of at least slapping another coat on it.

So what was underneath it? Well, I don't think I have a picture of it, too bad, there's no proof other than from those who have seen it, but it was a replica of an Audrey Hepburn picture from Breakfast at Tiffany's. The one with the long cigarette and the cat on her shoulder. It had the pink background and everything. It was almost finished, save for the cat and a little bit of shading, but I wasn't feeling it anymore, and obviously didn't like it enough to leave it as a canvas sitting in the back of my closet, so I'm going to revive it into something I hope I like.

This was just another canvas in the long line of partial paintings. I have three in this apartment, I threw one away when we moved, and I'm not sure, there might be one at my mom's. I am notorious for starting a project, getting bored with it and letting it sit forever until I decide, or not to come back to it. It started in childhood with coloring books. I colored the parts I wanted to, and when something seemed to boring to color, I went on to a new picture. No one else could ever color a picture in my color book because there were only partially uncolored photos. Sorry friends, but I guess if you want your color page could be our page and we can go in it as a collaboration? No one ever liked that idea. And 18 years later, I am the same way. Funny how some things just stay with you.

So here are a couple pictures, one to give you an idea of what was underneath, and one to give you a view of the progress of the preparation of the new painting to come. Do I know what I'm painting? Yes, and I'm not saying. :) Don't be sad, it didn't look this good. Close, but no cigar.

And now: There's some texture visible still where

Audrey's cigar, tiara and jewelry are


Not sure what I'm going to do yet! Sorry for the terrible photo.

Too bad I can't get paid to do the things that I do during the day. :( Have a wonderful Monday!

Alyssa

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin