Monday, July 13, 2009

I Could Scream

This is a bit of a rant, so if you get angry easily, you would be wise to stop reading now. :)


It is widely known that I have a temper. It runs in the family... I try to calm it as much as possible, but there are a few things that make me so mad I want to scream. 1. Not being able to find something I need. 2. People not doing their jobs, and 3. When things don't work right.

All three make me want to scream and throw things. I get mad, really mad. So mad, in fact, that it could probably ruin the rest of the day when one of these three things happens.

Today is one of those days...

When Josh and I moved to our house, we decided to try something new when it came to cable and internet. We were really unhappy with our service with Comcast at the apartment complex. Calls would cut out, and do that annoying disconnect sound at least 2 times everytime I was on the phone. I wanted to throw the phone every time. And then, I would be kicked of the internet, and lose a dial tone on my phone all together at other times. Needless to say, Josh and I wanted something different at our next place.

With that, Josh decided on Direct Tv because he had heard good things about it from friends at work. We had our Tv hooked up a few days after we moved in... We came to find out that, no we do not get ABC, NBC, CBS and other channels similar. Who would want 200+ channels if you didn't get these channels. Strike 1. I will go more into this later....

Strike 2, was when they told me they couldn't manage to figure out how to get the connection to make it to our house which comes from a box somewhere down the road. "We will have to come back tomorrow and have someone take a look at it." No problem, things like that happen. Two days later, STILL NO INTERNET. No one came to fix it. I know you get busy. There are probably 500 other people pissed off like I am that there connection isn't working, but you could call me and tell me, so I don't have to sit here all day when instead I could be running those 5,000 errands I have to run. And did I mention that my business revolves around the internet? Oh no hurry, I can live witout it.


Friday when I finally got the chance to call to say that we were missing channels like ABC, NBC, and CBS. What? Really? Like I said previously, Who wants the Choice +DVR package with 200 channels if I don't get the basics? Josh and I watch very few channels: ABC, The History Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, and Food Network. I watch the new 3 times a day. No, I don't want to watch CNN, I could fall asleep watching that. If I have to watch Nancy Grace with her nails on a chalk board voice one more time, I might throw a plate through my tv...

So when I called did I get to talk to a person? NO. Yea right, God forbid I would get to talk to a human. It's so much better to talk to Judy the electronic woman who wants to tell me about the fight, and how to order it on pay per view. Then I was asked what my problem was. All I had to do was use a few key words like "My account, and I would be whisked away to a far off land where they answered all the important questions like, How much my current bill is, and what package I have. The first time I was asked what I needed help with by Judy, I sat there with my mouth open totally blank.

How in hell as she going to help me with my problem? I think I uttered some sort of squeak and Judy told me that she couldn't hear me. Of course you can't, I didn't say anything. She's bright that Judy. I bet she is the most popular electronic customer service lady at Direct TV. The next time I was asked, I rattled off something like Cable packages and apparently I wasnt specific enough. If I had said Account info, I would have been fine, but I'm out of luck because I need some other assistance. When I FINALLY got to talk to a human, after 15 minutes of arguing with monotone Judy, I talked to some girl with an attitude. Do you ever catch those people's names anyway? They always say it so fast, I have not a clue who I'm talking to.

I explained my problem to Tiffany, lets call her that, and she told me that I DO have local channels, but ABC, NBC and the like are not local channels, but National channels. Fine... 1. Then where are my local channels? She told me, and nope, I don't have them, I can't see them, but she never answered me how to get them back. Because YES, I do have them. I hate people with attitudes when they are in customer service.

I was informed that I need to go online (I didn't have internet yet) and fill some sort of form out asking if I can get these "national channels" hooked up at my house here high on the hill. Seriously? And with that she hung up on me. Yes, she did. Rage built up inside me, but I didn't have time to deal with it. STRIKE 3

And there's more. So when we finally got our internet hooked up, much to my surprise, or maybe not so much, with the way things were going, I fould out that that "pretty fast" internet that lady I talked to when I ordered DIRECT TV was in fast a crawling backward pace of a snail. This will not work. I run a business online. I have a website, emails I need to get to, blogs to get to, an ordering system that goes through the internet that I need to get to, and this is all after I wait 45 minutes for the internet to decide to work. This is going to triple my work flow time.

Strike 4.

So tomorrow I will be calling Direct TV to see if I can get this all panned out. Let's hope I can do all this without screaming at someone. I'm a friendly person, I just want people to do their jobs in helping me when they need to, and I want things that I need to work efficently, to actually work.

When I get this all figured out I will be back to running a business and blogging like a normal, non crazed person:) Have a wonderful week. I'm so glad Monday will be over soon!

Alyssa

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin