Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Black and White Bathrooms

It's a known fact that I am easily distracted by pretty things. I could seriously sit all day and look at photos of most anything. Interior Design photos could keep me entertained for days, trinkets, furniture, artwork, you name it, I've oogled over it for hours.

Colors, and color combinations usually catch my eye first, and nothing catches my eye more than black, white and red. Our wedding colors were just that, and 95% of everything we own is either black, whiteor red or a combination: The coffee pot, the popcorn maker, wool trench coats, luggage, laptops, my cell phone is black, and the house phone is red. I am practically a carbon copy of my grandma (my mom's mom). If I could talk Josh into putting down red shag carpet (like my grandma had) I probably would have that too.
So, why not have our walls painted in the same color scheme? So I've picked out our color scheme for the living room, and the kitchen, Although, I'm a little worried that because our counter tops are tan, It will look funky with the color choice. We will have to see... The combo is none other than RED, but instead of going with black and white, we decided to go with a slate gray blue (more like I decided, and Josh actually agreed). These two colors will start in the living room, and wrap around to the kitchen.

The bedroom color will be gray (im so excited, Josh, is not). I've got so many ideas rolling around in my head for the bedroom. Now I am onto the bathroom colors, and decor.

Right now the bathroom is mint green, and while that is fine for my ice cream, it's definitely not fine for my bathroom. One thing Josh and I agree on... We don't like it. We need to keep it light in there because the room is TINY, I mean tiny. Each place we have lived the bathroom gets progressively smaller. In Idaho we could have put a couch in the bathroom, in our apartment here we had more than enough room to move around, and now, it's a struggle for both of us to stand at the sink. And because I'm not a pastel color person, or a white wall person, my mother must think I've fallen off my rocker to pick white for the bathroom walls. But black and white is probably THE best color combination, and just think of how nice black and white photos will look on the walls? And a nice black cabinet above the toilet. Although, it would have to be pretty high to go above the towel bar.

I'm trying to talk Josh into letting me paint the cabinet black. And I would love to retile the floor, but that is far in the future. :)
Here is what our bathroom looks like now, and some inspiration I've been putting away for when the time, and money permits us to redecorate!







I love how spa like this bathroom is. I adore windows. I could live in this room!


Via Apartment Therapy

Might be my fave bathroom ever... I love free standing tubs!




LOVE the sinks here... and the lighting...



Love the free standing tub, and the shower. Josh and I want one of those showers with the multiple shower heads.



This tile!

Now I need a awesome white shower curtain!:)

Im not sure where the other photos are from, I found them via google. If you know the original sites, let me know!

Have a wonderful day! I'm headed out for a session, and bridesmaids dress alteration, so have a wonderful Thursday too!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin