Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Place To Have Your Morning Coffee

I'm putting off packing today. I don't even know where to start. Josh and I have seriously moved so many times that the thought of packing and then unpacking another box makes my skin crawl, and makes me want to punch the first person I see in the face. That sounds awful, I know, but I'm so tired of going around and around on this house thing I could scream... And we've had it easy with this house. As of this morning we were still on schedule to get the keys on the 30th. That was before I left for Target to pick up some cleaning supplies and packing tape. Afterwards, I get an email saying the appraiser wants the oven installed so he can re-appraise the house. Are you serious? Is it really going to make that much of a difference? Or is he just being a mook? BLAH! So now we have to truck it on up home to get the oven that we bought, and install it so the guy can come look at it. Driving me crazy!

Anyway, now that I have ranted about trying to move into our house, I can blog about a few things that I love right now!
I've always loved looking at people's yards, balconies and the little oasis' that they create. I've always wanted to have a big huge yard with one of those covered areas (pergolas) with a big long table. It reminds me of Italy. And the thought of creating a delicious meal and sharing it with family on a perfect summer day in the backyard just melts my heart. I can almost smell the wonderful food, and the flowers that would certainly be covering the yard, and tables.

Alas, our yard is teeny tiny, and only runs the length of our house. a little grass strip due to the fact that we are built into a hill. Pictures will follow...

So here are some treasures . that feel more like a safe places and a sanctuaries that just yards.

Via Domino Mag

Via Domino Mag


Via Apartment Therapy


Via Apartment Therapy



Via Anthropologie

Pottery Barn

Now I have to figure out what to do with our little patch of grass!

Have a wonderful day!

Alyssa

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin