Wednesday, June 24, 2009

And Thus It Starts...

We haven't officially closed on the house yet, so I'm really hoping that this isn't just premature packing that won't come to fruition. Either way, we should be getting the keys on Tuesday and I want to say ADIOS to this apartment before we have to pay rent. We will probably end up having to pay for July 1st, due to the fact that we will still be in the process of moving. I really don't want to be paying for that day, so if I can get everything packed this week and Monday, then that will be a HUGE help in getting out of here ASAP. Apparently today I like all capitalized words...

Here is the start of the boxes. The nice thing about moving only a mile and a half or so away, is that we won't have to box everything up like it is going through the apocolypse. I really feel like just tossing all the junk into laundry baskets and transferring stuff that way. But then I wouldn't feel like I was making progress, so here I am packing things up that we won't need this week.

I'm pretty sure if we owned this apartment instead of renting, I would have piled everything in the middle of the living room floor and torched it all. Alas, we have a neighbor upstairs, who probably wouldn't appreciate it. And I'm guessing we wouldn't get our cleaning deposit back if this side of the building was burned down. So I will pack, and I will complain about it for the next week. :)

Here is the apartment with just a few things packed. My desk is the cleanest it has been since I got it.
One day we will have real furniture! Maybe by our 15th anniversary we will have money for an entertainment center and a small chair that isn't the color of mustard... (The chair is purposely missing from this photo).

I can't wait to get a new lamp for my desk,

this puts off absolutely no light,basically it's there for looks.

Wish me luck!

Alyssa

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin