Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Creative Space

I think having a space for creativity should be something that everyone has. I spend 90% of my day at my desk working on the computer, so I need a place that I feel comfortable sitting. Before Josh's dad made me my desk, I had my papers, and such spread out on the floor, because I couldn't bare the thought of working at the dinning room table. Don't ask me why, I don't know. You would think anything would be better than working on the floor.
My desk is still a work in progress. It's in the middle of the living room, being as we don't have a special room for my office, so I usually keep it clutter free, and free of too much creative inspiration. I can't wait to have my own office with an inspiration board, and organizer mounted on the wall, and all that kind of fun stuff. But for now I am loving that I can look out the window at the trees across the road, and that I can pull my feet up and sit while I'm working (I rarely sit in a chair with my feet on the ground. It's a habit I have never been able to break.

There is a desk lamp I have my eye on from Pottery Barn, something that will reach around over my work better, and something that has a little more light. This space is my creative space, a place to find inspiration, have fun, work and create art. Do you have a creative space?



Have a wonderful and creative day!

Alyssa

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin