Friday, August 1, 2008

BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!

My father in-law asked me how girls can drag their birthdays out for a whole week, getting random things from friends every day in the week leading up to your actual birthday. Not so for me this year. I got my birthday present from Josh a month ago. So no surprise from him, but my mom and brother are flying in, in about two hours to spend the weekend with us! YAY! Only bummer about this weekend? I'm turning 21 and I probably won't be able to have a drink. My license expires on Sunday, my birthday, I sent for an extension (this nice piece of paper that says that in fact I am twenty one and I can still be using my license) but I have yet to see it. So this magical piece of paper needs to show up today, or tomorrow.... I'm really thinking I'm out of luck. I'm a huge loser... Why don't I just get a license here in Idaho? I have to take the written test and I think the drive test to do it. I don't use this word alot, but DUH. I'm telling you all this because I want some sympathy... I'm not huge on drinking, but I've been looking forward to having a drink with dinner and not being the party pooper all the time. I've waited 21 years, isn't that long enough? Well, gotta go get ready! Have a wonderful Friday!

Hopefully there will be pictures to come!
God Bless!

Alyssa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drinking isn't all that it is cracked up to be...but I understand the idea of just being allowed to order one finally!!! Hopefully the magic piece of paper will show up before we get there or if I were you I'd be taking a drive to the closest Washington State DOL office!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry I didn't tell you Happy Birthday! This was my last weekend in Washington so it was pretty crazy. I'm officially living in Oregon now. I hope you're birthday was amazing and I'm glad you get to come back to your TRUE home.

Love ya lots,
Kendra

Blog Widget by LinkWithin